Re: Debian QuakeForge package restructuring

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 10:35:06AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The alternatives are gone with the quake-lib packages.  The new quake-data
> > packages use a script found in the quakeforge package to register which
> > games are available so we can give you a pretty menu and all.  Sorry, it's
> > not debconf.  Look at the X server selection stuff for the reason.  I'd
> > rather not get asked 10 times durring an upgrade whether or not I'm sure I
> > want the choice I picked.  If it ever becomes possible to cleanly do it in
> > debconf I will switch.
>
> Show me why you think it isn't now (DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer)

Look at X for a good example of why..  It asks the question over and over
again which server you want because as packages get upgraded, the choices
get changed.  That's really frustrating.  A resolution to that problem is
what I'm waiting for.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<xtifr> you don't have to be insane to work here....oh wait, yes you do!
        :)