Bits from the DPL (May 2017)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dear fellow developers,
As I mentioned in my last mail I intend to keep a monthly cadence for my
"Bits from…" emails, so here's what I've been getting up to in May...
* Congratulating our new DDs to our family and sending them some swag.
* Responded to a proposal for new member to join as a Parter.
* Pre-approval for various travel expenses.
* Responded to hardware donation request.
* Handling a number of administrative details around reimbursements.
* Approved hardware request reimbursement for armhf and arm64 hardware
for the Reproducible Builds sub-project.
* Spoke to GSoC administrators at length regarding a Debian outreach
* More work on a potential DebConf CoC update.
* Updated the preface for the «stretch» edition of Debian
* Submitted an entry for SPI's annual report.
* Finally, a large amount of private correspondence regarding a handful
of internal team conflicts, the Dmitry Bogatov situation, and a
separate conversation around a DDs conduct on our mailing lists
On 13th and 13th May I represented Debian at OSCAL 2017 in
Tirana, Albania. I had many highly interesting discussions about using
and promoting Debian, some of them still ongoing.
This event was particulary remarkable in that not only were the
organisers about 10-15 years younger than a typical conference, but also
the gender split of them was around 80:20 female:male.
OCF.tw "Trusted Organisation" process
The application process for a "Trusted Organisation" to be setup to
handle DebConf18 financial concerns (etc.) has been officially submitted
to the debian-project list.
I've been working with a few developers ensuring the Policy Team
is well-staffed. As part of this, Policy 126.96.36.199 was released and
have proposed a "Policy BoF" for DebConf17.
Upcoming «stretch» release
In case you have missed it, the tireless Release Team have announced
they plan to release «stretch» on June 17th! Do re-read over
their announcement as it contains some important deadlines.
We should celebrate all our effort however; please check the release
party page on the Debian Wiki for an event near you. If there are
none currently arranged for your area, please jump in and arrange one.
Reimbursement for BSPs
Don't forget that Debian is willing to reimburse up to USD 100 or
equivalent in your local currency for travel/accommodation
expenses. If there are no BSPs local to you, please help organise
Reimbursement requests must meet the following conditions:
* The requester must already be a Debian contributor (and preferably
have demonstrated an ability to contribute to this kind of work).
* The requester should agree to communicate about their activities
during the BSP (for example in a blog post or similar). The goal being
to increase the visibility of such work.
In case you have missed them, please check out:
* DebConf17 talk submissions close on June 3rd 
See you next month!
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` email@example.com / chris-lamb.co.uk
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----