Planned release of stretch on 2017-06-17 and the last weeks up to the release
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We plan to release on 2017-06-17.
If you want to celebrate it, please consider attending a Debian release
party, or hosting your own! See
https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyStretch for more information.
The final weeks up to the release
On 2017-06-03 at the latest, we will tag all remaining RC bugs with
either stretch-ignore OR stretch-will-remove. Packages that have RC
bugs tagged with stretch-will-remove will be removed the weekend
before the release unless they have been fixed in testing prior to
that. Please note that the automatic removals are still in effect and
may remove packages before that deadline.
In the last week prior to the freeze, testing will be completely
frozen and only emergency bug fixes will be considered in this period.
Please consider Friday the 2017-06-09 at 13:00 UTC the absolute last
moment for changes to stretch.
Changes that are not in testing at that time will not be included in
stretch for the initial release. However, you can still fix bugs in
stretch via point releases if the changeset follows the rules for
updates in stable.
* Deadline: > 2017-06-09 13:00 UTC <
- Your changes must have migrated to stretch *before* then
- Upload several days *before* the deadline
* If a change is late, it may still be applicable for an update via
a point release after stretch has been released.
* Check [List of stretch-will-remove bugs] for packages that will
- Some bugs have been tagged already
- Packages may be removed before then (e.g. by auto-removals)
Future updates to stretch up to the freeze
As we are entering the final part of the freeze, please keep future
changes and unblock requests limited to:
* RC bugs
* Patches for crashes/memory leaks/etc.
* Security bug fixes
* Regressions compared to jessie
* jessie to stretch upgrade issues
* Documentation fixes + translation updates (preferably bundled with
a fix for at least one of the problems listed above and nothing
We will only accept targeted fixes. Requests including other changes
will not be accepted.
For the Release Team,
[List of stretch-will-remove bugs]:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----