Bits from the 9th Debian Groupware Meeting

Hi,
The 9th Debian Groupware Meeting[1] was held in the LinuxHotel, Essen,
Germany[2]. We were nine people altogether.

This is a short overview of what we worked on during the weekend:

* Work started on SOGo3 (a scalable groupware server) packaging and
  Caldav tester based autopkg tests. Sogo 2 is already in the archive.

* Version 45.0~b4 of Icedove (a mail/news client with RSS and integrated
  spam filter support) got prepared. Additionally Icedove's and Iceowl's
  l10n packages were integrated into Icedove itself to make sure i10n
  packages stay in sync with the main package.

* calendar-exchange-provider was tested with the above Icedove packages

* We released version 1.5 of calypso (a CalDAV/CardDAV server with git
  backend) collecting changes from about two years. Updated the package in
  Debian unstable adding some autopkgtests (using caldav-tester) and added
  GSSAPI support.

* Radicale (a simple calendar server) got autopkgtests

* imip-agent (programs to handle calendar information in e-mail) got
  initially packaged and uploaded.

* Following the C++11 transition several bugs in Zarafa (a complete and
  feature rich groupware solution) and it's dependencies like gsoap were
  fixed. Zarafa itself is not yet part of the main archive, but this is
  being worked on.

* For z-push/d-push (an open source implementation of the ActiveSync
  protocol) licence issues were rechecked so we can drop the rebranding
  in the future. The package is also in search for a new maintainer.

* "As usual" the groupware page[3] got updated.

We had a mix of first time Debian contributors, Debian Maintainers,
Upstreams and Debian Developers with lots of room for discussion,
barbecue and bug squashing.

Cheers,
 -- Guido (on behalf of the Debian Groupware Meeting attendees)

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/GroupwareMeeting2016-04-08to10
[2]: http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/Groupware