Call for projects and participants in the Outreach Program for Women

Free & Open Source Software Outreach Program for Women

The GNOME Foundation started the Free & Open Source Software Outreach Program
for Women, OPW, in 2006. It was quite successful, and in the January-April 2013
round, many other FOSS organizations joined the program. We are happy to
announce that Debian will participate in the next round
(December '14-March '15) and, pending sponsorship, we'll offer up to three
internships.

You can find more details about the program:
* http://wiki.debian.org/OutreachProgramForWomen with details about
Debian's participation.
* http://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen with details about the
program in general.

Call for mentors and projects
=============================

OPW allows applicants to work on any kind of project, including coding,
design, marketing, web development... If you have any idea for a
project and you want to mentor it, please contact us at opw@debian.org
and we'll guide you through the process.

OPW provides a lot of useful information for mentors on the GNOME Wiki at
https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/Admin/InfoForMentors. Please
have a look, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any question.

Call for participants
=====================

The main goal of this program is to increase the number of women in
FOSS, so all women who are not yet a Debian Developer or a Debian
Maintainer are encouraged to apply. There are no age restrictions and
applicants don't need to be a student.

If you want to apply, you must follow three steps:

1. Choose a project from the list of proposed projects on
http://wiki.debian.org/OutreachProgramForWomen. Those lists may change as
mentors add themselves over the next few weeks.

2. Make a small contribution to Debian. Projects will add a task the
applicant must complete as part of the pre-selection process. If no task
is provided, you are welcome to ask the mentors of the project. You can
also make a different extra task of the one listed to show your skills
and interest.

3. Create a page in the Debian wiki with your application. You can do so
under pseudonym, but in that case, please give us information about
yourself privately by email to the people below!

The Debian OPW coordinators <opw@debian.org>
 Tom Marble
 Nicolas Dandrimont