Packages pulled from potato, first sweep

I have removed these packages (see below) from potato.  They are all still
in woody.  I've also installed or rejected most of the uploads for potato.
I'm holding task-parallel-computing and I'm still thinking about nedit.

I plan to do more of this on Monday, and perhaps Sunday if I can get
net access then.  I don't have as much time as I expected, though, so
the test cycle may be delayed by another day.

I hope to end up with only a short list of RC bugs in packages that we
really can't do without.  If it's short enough, I may call for specific
uploads to be made and wait up to three days for them.  Otherwise, we'll
have to have another test cycle that we know won't become a release -- oh well.

(The ones I'm thinking of are emacs20, gdb, gpm, glibc, pdl, ssh, sysvinit,
and util-linux -- I hope the list can be shortened because not all of those
look release-critical.)

Richard Braakman

[debian-devel-announce is an announcements list.  Please direct discussion
about this announcement to debian-devel@lists.debian.org instead.]

Package: bigbrother (debian/non-free).
Maintainer: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org>
  63596 Security Alert: Big Brother exploit
  64291 Does break on install.... not kept up to date
  64443 [stace.cunningham@KEESLER.AF.MIL: FW: Security Notice: Big Brother Syst
em and Network Monitor]

Package: gaim (debian/main).
Maintainer: Robert S. Edmonds <stu@novare.net>
  63537 Gaim dies when logging in.

Package: heartbeat (debian/main).
Maintainer: Paolo Molaro <lupus@debian.org>
  63259 IP addresses not released on failback

Package: karpski (debian/main).
Maintainer: Stephen M. Moraco <stephen@col.hp.com>
  64253 karpski: Segmentation fault after 2 or 3 minutes

Package: mosaic (debian/non-free).
Maintainer: Gene McCulley <mcculley@debian.org>
  51404 Mosaic: prerm script fails, fix submitted.

Package: nvi-m17n (debian/main).
Maintainer: Susumu OSAWA <susumu-o@debian.or.jp>
  63850 nvi-m17n can not use on Alpha machine(potato)

Package: postfix-tls (non-US/main).
Maintainer: Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au>
  61733 postfix-tls: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/905279.954: Permission denied

Package: printtool (debian/main).
Maintainer: Rafael Kitover <rkitover@io.com>
  64249 printtool crashes and hangs wish

Package: sced (debian/main).
Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <ezanard@debian.org>
  62971 sced: Segfaults when exporting CSG

Package: snns (debian/non-free).
Maintainer: Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org>
  64519 Possible copyright violation wrt SNNS