Re: [Warning] perl-5.005 is in the archive

According to Raphael Hertzog:
> You can safely install the new perl-5.004 (he doesn't conflict with
> perl) and still have a working system.

Testimonial:  Yup, it works.
(Disclosure: I released Perl 5.004_05. :-))

> But take care, some of your scripts may well not work anymore until
> some perl modules get recompiled. And apt may well be unhappy with
> the status of your installation ...

As a workaround, you can use CPAN.pm to install the modules you need.
But then it'll be up to you to clean up /usr/local/lib/site_perl when
the Debian official packages are upgraded.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."