Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 01:19:36PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:

> The good news is that James and I spent a day processing most of
> Incoming in preparation for the freeze (and I apologize to James for
> not actually freezing after all that), so the backlog is now gone.

   Thanks for giving the new packages in incoming/ a chance to stabilize.
Sticking to the original plan (as opposed to schedule) of not freezing until
the install and base are ready is probably for the best.  If nothing else
this will give some people time over the winter holidays to work on hard
problems like non-i386 architecture installation, debian-cd, woody package
pool.

   I'm also all for an updated slink, as the current version often fails to
be fully functional on new hardware (X11, kernel sound).  I don't care about
Y2K, but most of those that do need something concrete from an upstream
supplier so they can put a mark in a checkbox.