Re: New policy locations for docs

*- On  6 Nov, Roland Rosenfeld wrote about "Re: New policy locations for docs"
> Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> wrote:
>
>> OK, I'm looking at the policy manual and while I do see the
>> /usr/share/doc thing, I don't see any mention of symlinks to
>> /usr/doc either way. Are we allowed to symlink
>> /usr/share/doc/package to /usr/doc/package?
>
> No, it's strictly forbidden.  You should link /usr/doc/package to
> /usr/share/doc/package in postinst (and remove it in prerm).
>
> Please have a look at policy 3.1, which is in Incoming at the moment:

Does anyone else see a problem with this?  THE document mandating how to
have a smooth upgrade to the FHS and potato will not be in potato
because it is stuck in Incoming. Or does this get special treatment?

Just a lusers observation.

--
Brian Servis