Re: Native linux port to PowerPC

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 01:26:41PM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> 	I concede I may have been mislead by the PowerPC port pages at
> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/installation . This page talks about
> MkLinux stuff during the install. Or am I totally off-base (again), and
> have found pages which have nothing to do with what you mention?

Those pages may be out dated. IIRC, you used to have to use the MkLinux
type install, which involved downloading a few programs from Apple's
site to allow for Linux to boot on PowerMacs. I believe this is not the
case anymore, but I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure that IBM PPC systems are not supported yet. There is
another port that is handling this, but I forget the email address. The
user space programs will all be the same, but the kernel and bootstrap
will be very much different (ie, different install disks and kernels,
but the same binaries).

Hope you find the info you are looking for.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation