Re: bts2ldap-Gateway is coming up again

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:52:17PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst (wouter@grep.be) [040308 12:10]:
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:57:01AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > # 26372, testbts
> > > dn: cn=26372,dc=testbts

> > <nitpicking>
> > You should really use "dc=testbts,dc=debian,dc=org" here, or something
> > like "ou=testbts, o=Debian", but oh well.
> > </nitpicking>

> Well, that'll definitly change. I plan to move the gateway to spohr
> (as soon as I'm allowed to log into it), and move at that time the dn
> to a good name (I tend to dc=active,dc=bts,dc=debian,dc=org, but I'm
> also waiting for decision by the admin team here).

> > > You can see one major drawback: The current openldap2 doesn't allow
> > > usage without schemas.

> > Uh, you can specify "schemacheck off" in your slapd.conf...

> Yes, but it doesn't help - at least I was not able to get it to work.

"schemacheck off" tells slapd to not enforce the objectclass may/must
attribute lists; i.e., it allows you to have an object in the db that
lacks an attribute that's listed as required, or to have an object with
an attribute that's not listed as allowed.  It does *not* let you create
objects with new attributes without providing a definition of the
syntax for those attributes.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer