Re: MEI Whitelist Autoresponse

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:55:35PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> How many were challenges from mailing list software?  Yes, another class of
> software that automatically issues challenges (specifically, to new
> subscriptions and to non-list members if the list is closed).  So I guess you
> should also file bugs against majordomo, mailman, ezmlm-src, and any other
> mailing list managers that do this.

I think virus scanners are in a different class, though.  Mailing list
software isn't designed to recognize viruses, while virus scanners are.
It's disgustingly incompetent to recognize a mail as Sobig.F, which is
known to fake the sender, and then reply to it anyway.  (And yes, I
get a lot of "notifications" that mention Sobig.F by name.)

Richard Braakman