Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:57:28PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Steve Langasek (vorlon@netexpress.net) wrote:
> > Holding NMUers accountable for the quality of their uploads: yes.
> > Holding NMUers accountable for the quality of the maintainer's package: no.

> I'm happy to clarify my position if you aren't clear on it and would
> rather you do that then make misleading claims.  I don't know how NMUers
> could be *more* accountable than the official maintainer.  My position
> is that they should be equally responsible for bugs in the package,
> until the maintainer does an upload.

Which is what I understood your position to be, and which is the
position I disagree with.  I'm sorry if you feel I've misrepresented
your views in some way.

I suppose I can concede that an NMUer should be as responsible as the
maintainer -- to the extent that, if the package is being NMUed, the
maintainer usually isn't taking all that much responsibility for the
package at the time, so the bar isn't set very high. ;P

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer