Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:35:08AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> It only means that someone
> wanting to do an NMU for some probably minor, not really touching the
> package, will not do it because he don't want that responsaibility or
> more probably cannot assume it.

That's the correct response. If you can't handle the responsibility you
shouldn't be touching other people's packages; you should be sending
the maintainer patches through the BTS. If someone who can handle the
responsibility of NMUing comes along and sees the patch before the
maintainer gets around to it, that's all to the good.

> No need to attribute
> responsabilities to people who possibly cannot fullfill them.

If you can't cope with -- ie, resolve -- the possible problems from NMUing,
you should not be NMUing.

And there are plenty of people who are interested in translations and
who are competent to NMU.

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?