Re: Access to an ARM system?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 01:33:05PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:00:37PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:55:11PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > > Does someone have an ARM system that I could gain access to?  I'd
> > > really like to put the ARM specific bug[1] filed against the Jabber
> > > package to bed once and for all.  I've seen reports of Jabber
> > > running on ARM systems and of course the bug report of it
> > > segfaulting.
> > >
> > > Any assistance in this matter would be most appreciated.
> > >
> > > I've sent a request to debian-admin, but have heard nothing back
> > > from them.
> >
> > I have a couple of ARM boards that boot Debian.  I'm not sure what it
> > is you want to do on the machine.  What is it you are trying to do?
>
> Ideally, get an installation of Jabber (from the debian package
> binaries) to run and accept a client connection.  According to the bug
> report, the Jabber server segfaults on startup.  So, if I can get the
> server up and running and connect to it, I'd consider that something of
> a success.

So, you want the Jabber server installed on an ARM system so that you
can connect to it and either a) verify that it crashes, or b)
demonstrate that it doesn't.

If this is so, then I can do this for you and give you a routable
address to the ARM machine.  Do you need to be able to do anything
*on* the ARM?  I think I can get ssh and some other utilities running
on it.

Still, let me be clear.  I am using a Sharp KEV7A400 for some embedded
systems development.  I have a script that produces stripped-down
filesystems for the target using the Debian package archive.  It isn't
hard for me to add programs to the filesystem, but I need to know
exactly what has to be there since this isn't exactly an 'apt-get
install' situation.

Let me know and I'll put some cycles to it.

Cheers.