Re: but I want the GNU versions of packages

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 06:58:11PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> It proves that the user interface of gawk is more friendly, nothing
> more.
>
> And users that do not know the difference between mawk and gawk are
> not necessarily looking for performance, but may prefer a software
> with a user friendly interface.

Eh? awk is a programming language. It seems unlikely that users who
don't know the difference will care much at all; if they don't read the
man page or some other more in-depth documentation then they won't be
able to use the program particularly effectively anyway.