Re: but I want the GNU versions of packages

Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> a tapoté :

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 12:42:28PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > Great, for a default application...
> > (ok, man mawk...)
> >
> > I wonder what makes the following more convenient for a default
> > application to me...
> >
> > moa@dionysos:~$ gawk --help
> > [...]
>
> And this proves exactly what? Someone who knows shit all about awk sure as
> hell ain't gonna learn it from that help output. Nor are they supposed to!

It proves that the user interface of gawk is more friendly, nothing
more.

And users that do not know the difference between mawk and gawk are
not necessarily looking for performance, but may prefer a software
with a user friendly interface.
While users that do know the difference between mawk and gawk will
surely pick mawk, if they want mawk, from the start.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org