Re: Packages: an average 66321 bytes per line of description

Dan Jacobson writes:
> I was hoping that maintainers of multi-megabyte packages would do the
> package justice by giving an adequate description.

While extremely short descriptions might be a cause for concern regardless
of the size of the package, I don't see why larger packages should need
longer descriptions.  A one-of-a-kind special-purpose package is likely to
need a much longer description than yet another Web browser.

Why not go through your list, read all the descriptions that seem
suspiciously short, and file bugs if justified?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)