Re: Advice needed : Oracle and Debian Linux

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:50, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:13:17PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > If a company wants to make a commercial distribution based on Debian then
> > providing that they accept certain kernel patches and comply with a
> > rigorous test program then I think that SAP would be interested in
> > dealing with them.
> >
> > I imagine that the situation will be similar for Oracle.
>
> I wonder if that's all or the same support problem arises as with
> Oracle.

I believe that I was being given honest answers to my questions.  So the only
issue is whether the person I was talking to knows what *really* happens.

As for the support people, I don't think that necessarily makes it impossible.
If you started up a company to produce a commercial distribution based on
Debian for running Oracle then having your people answer the phones at Oracle
would be good for business...