Re: gcc 3.3 - what problems should I expect?

Hi, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> 2.4.21 contains some fixes for linkage errors, which are created due to
> extern _inline_ declarations. You just need to remove the extern
> modifier and it will work for 2.4.20.

s/extern/static/, actually. Gcc will then happily not emit the inline
function's body if it's not needed, i.e. all usages get inlined.

On the other hand, removing the qualifier causes the compiler to write one
copy of the inlined function to every object whose source sees them.
That's rather non-nice if the inline function is defined in a header file. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.