Re: Please notify the maintainers when removing packages

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:34:39PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 12:07:42PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 10:18:29AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > > Based on this experience, I am surprised to find out that the
> > > maintainer isn't notified when his package is scheduled for removal.
> > > And I see that it helps to send an email to get them to fix the
> > > package.
> >
> > The BugScan messages are sent to debian-devel-announce.
> > Debian-devel-announce is a mandatory list for developers. Therefore,
> > developers are notified of removals. qed.
>
> Sure, and you have to scan 757 entries for checking if one of your
> package is going to be removed.
>
> It would be much more correct to send a mail to <package>@debian.org for
> each entry that is going to be removed.

This conversation sounds familiar.

Ah, yes:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2000/debian-devel-200003/msg00106.html

On a similar note:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/1999/debian-vote-199906/msg00038.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Life is what happens to you while
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you're busy making other plans.