removing a package

Hello,
	I am thinking of filing a bug against ftp.debian.org asking for
package sporum to be removed from unstable. I offered this package for
adoption many months ago but noone has picked it yet (there was an ITA more
than a year ago but nothing happened after the first message).

This package has many reported bugs, and I think it would require lots of
work and rewriting big sections of the code to close them all, which I am
really not willing to do.

So, do you think it is OK to ask for removing it from the distribution, or
there is something else I should do instead?

TIA

PS: I am not subscribed to debian-devel; please Cc to my address.

Kind regards,

Fernando Sanchez - fer@debian.org