Re: Debian Calendar Files

Bob Proulx wrote:
> I think this would be nice, but not in bsdmainutils.  This should be
> in a package by itself.
>
> [Technical musings: I would imagine that it would depend upon
> bsdmainutils and use calendar.  But would have its own crontab file
> which would use the -f option to reach your specific calendar file.
> This would allow this to be rather independent of other packages.]

I wouldn't want to add a crontab entry per default, just as there is
none for the current bsdmainutils.  The administrator or each user
needs to decide on their own if and how to use calendar in connection
with crontab.

> > I have also created a calendar file exclusively for Debian, so it
> > could be included in the Debian distribution if users and maintainers
> > wish to do so.
>
> >  1. http://www.infodrom.org/projects/calendar/
>
>   http://cvs.infodrom.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/calendar/calendar.infodrom.debian?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=infodrom
>
> I looked at the dates for several Debian events such as Project Leader
> and failed to see a complete list.  Here is a reference.  Could you
> bring the calendar list up to date?
>
>   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-leaders.html

Since I maintain both documents, I already tried.  If you can tell me
the date on which Bruce took over leadership from Ian Murdock, I'd be
glad to add.  My own investigation didn't reveal a particular date
other than "sometimes in April 1996".

> Under the "Debian releases" area I believe the text of the Infomagic
> message is too harsh.  Debian should not be vindictive.  I think that
> should eliminated.  It was not a real Debian release.  At the very
> least it should be softened to be factual only.  Perhaps the prose
> from this reference could be a guide.
>
>   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-detailed.html

So what text are you proposing instead?

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.