Re: Some questions about dependencies

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:52:05AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:31:09PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Uh? The 110 packages Anthony mentions are the packages *which have just
> > been accepted into testing*, not ones that are blocking anything. You
> > can find them all by grepping for "accepted:".
>
> Ok, sorry, i did misunderstand. Still, when i was investigating the
> ocaml situation, update_output told me there where 35 or so package that
> caused problems but around 30 or so only where listed :
>
> 2003/03/12 :
> skipped: ocaml (1221+11)
>     got: 35+0: a-35
>         * alpha: libcamlimages-ocaml, libcamlimages-ocaml-dev,
>         * libconfigwin-ocaml-dev, libgdome2-ocaml, libgdome2-ocaml-dev,
>         * libgdome2-xslt-ocaml, libgdome2-xslt-ocaml-dev,
>         * liblablgl-ocaml,
>         * liblablgl-ocaml-dev, liblablgtk-ocaml, liblablgtk-ocaml-dev,
>         * liblablgtkmathview-ocaml, liblablgtkmathview-ocaml-dev,
>         * libmlgtk-ocaml, libmlgtk-ocaml-dev, libnetclient-ocaml-dev,
>         * libocamlnet-ocaml-dev, libpcre-ocaml, libpcre-ocaml-dev,
>         * libpgsql-ocaml-dev, libpxp-ocaml-dev, libsdl-ocaml,
>         * libsdl-ocaml-dev, libshell-ocaml, libshell-ocaml-dev,
>         * libxstr-ocaml-dev, libzip-ocaml, libzip-ocaml-dev, ocamltk,
>         * zoggy
>
> This is 5 missing packages, at first i thought these where the binary
> package of the ocaml source package, but there are only 4 of them.

"a-35" means that after experimentally adding ocaml to testing there are
35 uninstallable packages on alpha. However, testing isn't in a perfect
state, so there are usually some uninstallable packages to begin with.
On that day, it seems that testing started out with 5 uninstallable
packages on alpha, hence the difference.

You can find out what this original state is by looking for "ori:" lines
in update_output.txt.

Cheers,