Re: Checking init.d script for policy compliance.

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:55:32PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Wrong exit status when stopped but not running
> inetd lpd nfs-common portmap ssh *pdnsd *exim *gpm *lprng

I'd like to fix ssh, but I can't find the policy on init scripts' exit
statuses. Can you point me to it, please?

(Not trying to be pedantic; I just would rather follow a written policy
than try to guess the correct behaviour from other init scripts, an
unknown number of which are reportedly wrong.)

> I realize that 'Wrong exit status when stopped but not running' can be
> controversial, but if you enoxerate these packages, you need to bu the
> others...

What was "bu" a typo for?

Thanks,