Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:08:13PM -0800, Ian Eure wrote:
> I would like to see better documentation for apt-src/linux-wlan-ng, as
> it was not terribly clear when I played with it last. That was quite a
> while ago, so the situation may have improved.

Really? I found building and installation of the linux-wlan-ng modules
to be quite well documented. The process was documented using more than
one method in fact!

Joey, you've solved things in an elegant manner and documented it well
so that people wanting to build and install the modules know what to do
and where to look. If I was confused at first, the package docs
pointed in me in the right direction. If others find it lacking it just
goes to show that there is always room for improvement.

IMHO, the major argument for the -source packages is the need to have it
on the binary CDs and it sounds like that can be solved in a a better
technical way if someone goes ahead and actually writes the code to make
it work.

Please keep maintaining the package, I use and appreciate them very
much.

Regards,
Mako

--