Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

Le Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 04:41:22PM -0400, Ben Armstrong écrivait:
> > No. It will still be used for all the projects that are already hosted
> > there. But don't expect debian-admin to create (many) new repositories
> > there ... they'll probably direct you to alioth.
>
> If this is the case, then yes, cvs.d.o is deprecated in favour of
> alioth.  See dict deprecated [foldoc]:
>
>      Said of a program or feature that is considered obsolescent
>      and in the process of being phased out, usually in favour of a
>      specified replacement.

Sure. alioth offers most of the services of cvs.debian.org but I don't
know (yet) how to create alioth CVS repositories with write access to all
Debian developers...  and this is easily done on cvs.debian.org. So it
may well still be used for particular projects with specific needs (for
example I appreciate that debian-cd can be modified by any porter
without needing to contact me to have the required rights).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com