Re: Throwaway -dev package?

Chris Jantzen <chris@maybe.net> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:44:35PM -0800, Chris Jantzen wrote:
> > 3) Patch bglibs to install in /usr/include/bglibs/ and /usr/lib/bglibs/.
>
> Actually, as I think about it, this wouldn't be that bad. And it seems
> "more normal" as long as it's alright to have a bunch of .a files in
> /usr/lib/bglibs. So remaining questions might include: is
> "libbglibs-dev" the right name? Or just libbglibs? Or upstream's
> "bglibs"? Thanks.

For what it's worth, this is (almost) the option I take with
libcqcam-dev, though I didn't have to patch upstream much at all to
get there.  I do occasionally worry that it's archive cruft, but
nobody's ever complained.  (Actually, given the growing obscurity of
the hardware involved, everything from that source package probably
qualifies as archive cruft these days)

I had once planned to package the one other project I saw that used
libcqcam (a home security monitor), but nothing ever came of it.