Re: BSP results

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:28:28PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 07:31:06PM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Unfortunately, there are still 789 RC bugs left, which is almost an
> > all-time record (according to the RC graph[2] at least).  I guess we'll
> > need to have another BSP real soon.
>
> Here's a suggestion: how about every weekend? or every other weekend,
> until the release of Sarge. I was unfortunately away this past weekend and
> so was unable to participate in the BSP. But if there's one this weekend
> or the next, I'm sure to be there!

We don't need bug-squashing parties for people to fix bugs.
Bug-squashing parties encourage people to help out who might not
normally do so, but if they're happening all the time then they'll lose
their effectiveness. If all you want to do is fix bugs in packages who
don't maintain, then send patches and NMU in the usual way.

If we end up relying on nothing but BSPs to fix bugs, then my prediction
is that the bug count will continue to increase. Interested people need
to be fixing bugs on a more consistent basis on their own initiative.

Cheers,