Re: Lintian: image-file-in-usr-lib

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:

> Well, in the last zope package i moved all the file under /usr/share whith a
> simple script:
>
> 	# Moving image files.
> 	usr_lib=$(usrdir)/lib/python ;\
> 	usr_share=usr/share/zope ;\
> 	root=debian/zope ;\
> 	find $$root/$$usr_lib $(images) | \
> 		while read image ; do \
> 			file=$$(echo $$image | sed "s#$$root/$$usr_lib/##") ;\
> 			install -m 644 -D $$image $$root/$$usr_share/$$file ;\
> 			rm -f $$image ;\
> 			echo $$usr_share/$$file $$usr_lib/$$file ;\
> 		done | \
> 			xargs dh_link -pzope
>
> Of course, it made sense with the entire zope package: i think it is the
> solution by now.
> I'll adopt the same solution for the other zope packages i maintain.
While I really like this solution I think we should define a Zope policy
where all Zope related packages have to comply to.  If we do not use
this policy we will end up in confusion with the lot of Zope packages
we have currently.  Perhaps also a dh_zope will help here.

Kind regards - and thanks for your fine work on Zope as every time, Luca

          Andreas.