Re: more non-PIC static libs in shared libs

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 06:18:14PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> In that case a linker (version) map is all you need.  Search for
> VERSION in the ld documentation.  If you don't need to actually version
> anything, you can just do:
>
> {
>   global:
>     list; of; exported; functions;
>   local:
>     *
> }
>
> and then use -Wl,--version-script,FILENAME at link time.  This is a
> good idea for any shared library anyway.

Thanks, that got me a little further.  Alas not far enough.  The lib
still shows a TEXTREL flag, even if I (just for testing) force all its
symbols to local in the version map.  Is there a way to query the linker
about why it set that flag?  I've had it print out the link map and run
in verbose mode, but that didn't give me any clues (which might well be
due to my lack of understanding).

Regards,

Daniel.