Re: pbuilder-uml working (Re: Another pbuilder run finished)

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 04:40:55PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> So, it is definitely slower.
> In my observation, package downloading through network, and
> running ./configure seems to be very slow.
> Maybe because they are syscall-intensive tasks.
> I have an impression that compilation process using gcc etc aren't that
> much affected.

Yes, system calls are probably the factor.  I find networking to be quite
acceptable, though; I usually use TUN devices but have recently started
experimenting with slirp (using FULL_BOLT).  I use apt within UML through a
squid proxy to avoid downloading packages many times.

--
 - mdz