Re: New maintainer behaviour with NMU and LogJam's hijacking

I had been taking the full brunt of the responsibility for the
xscreensaver NMU, but since I was a pre-NM at the time and sponsors of
uploads are supposed to follow Debian policy as well, he ended up taking
most of the responsibility. This was a similar situation; however, I felt
it was necessary at the time considering the circumstances of the
package having not being updated in over a year and a half despite new
versions being out which fixed bugs, and the lack of any response from
the package maintainer until after the NMU. I still doubt that I would
have gotten any response from the maintainer at all had it not been for
the actual package upload.

Regardless, I will try to follow Debian policy in the future in this
capacity.  I would also like to extend apologies and a  suggestion to
Christian, in that if you do not have time to keep up with maintenance
of a package, it would be much appreciated if it was put up for adoption
or orphaned so that another developer with the proper resources to
maintain the package will to so. If you wish to continue working on
logjam, I would be happy to volunteer as a backup maintainer if he is
backlogged for some time, so that the package is properly kept
up-to-date and bug-free.

Also, I would like to make a note of part of the Developer's reference
in regards to NMUs, section 5.2.5:

"In any case, you should not be upset by the NMU. An NMU is not a
personal attack against the maintainer. It is a proof that someone cares
enough about the package and that they were willing to help you in your
work, so you should be thankful."

I did not make the NMU to circumvent Christian's responsibilities nor
did I make it as an insult to him or the Debian project. I hope that
this can be put behind us and continue development as normal.