Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:37:16PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:07, Michael Cardenas wrote:
>
> > I have to admit, I sure would love to have gnome2. Last time I tried
> > to install my machine, the upgrade scripts failed miserably,
>
> I don't understand why people are so quick to report bugs about typos in
> my package descriptions, but don't report bugs in the GNOME 2 transition
> scripts, and instead complain on the lists.
>
> Could you please tar up your ~/.gnome directory, along with a copy of
> ~/.gnome2/debian-upgrade.log (it may actually be in
> ~/.gnome2.debian-backup or so), and post a bug report with a URL to your
> tarball to debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org?  Thanks.

Posting now, but the bug is this:

running: gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename /mnt/c/Program Files/Canon/ZoomBrowser EX/Image Library One/frisco - 10-11-2002/113-1339_IMG.JPG
Error on option -: unknown option.
Run 'gconftool-2 --help' to see a full list of available command line options.

my desktop image filename has spaces in it. nothing a well placed
quotation mark can't handle.

Sorry I didn't report it, I didn't know how to get any useful data
from the failure. Maybe a debconf info dialog about where the log is
located and what to do incase of failure is in order.

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"The morning after the storm;
   The melons alone
     Know nothing of it."
- Sodo