Re: Why are new package versions depending on libc6 in unstable?

* Michael Stone

| On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:26:37AM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
| > Yes, please use experemental more than it is now.
|
| Please never use experimental. I much prefer private apt repositories
| with discrete units (e.g., an X repository or gnome repository) over
| experimental, which is a random collection of software, some of which
| might really toast your system.

Nothing is installed from experimental because of dependencies.. you
have to be explicit about each and every package.  (Unless you have
overridden that using apt's preference, in which case you should know
that you are out on a limb).  AIUI, anyhow.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-