Re: Debian Accessibility Project was: Re: linux for blinds

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Mario Lang wrote:

> I now took the time and summarized the current state of things
> regarding accessibility and Debian, and also tried to
> give a bit of overview which areas could use help from people.
> I'm not sure if this is the way to go with such an "internal project"
> and I have to admit I didn't find your HOWTO anywhere, so I just
I'm very sorry that I forgot to mention the link which was in fact
very hard to find.  Th for the link (and the HOWTO itself for sure),
Ben!

Moreover I should have given a link to my talk about Debian internal
projects which is available at

  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/talks/200210_lux_internal

(The link to the HOWTO is hidden at

  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/talks/200210_lux_internal/index.en.html#page35

- sorry for confusing you.  I suggest you just ask back if you can't find
anything which I mentioned here ... ;-) )

> tried to do my best despite my aversion toward
> writing documents like that :-).
>
> <URL:http://people.debian.org/~mlang/DebianAccessibilityProject.html>
>
> I'd like to get feedback about this.  I'll update the page
> as regular as possible, and depending on how much feedback/activity
> we really get in this direction, I'd someday eventually want to create a
> debian-accessibility Mailing list.
You should definitely do so and follow the path Ben described in his
HOWTO.  I think you are exactly at the same level where I was in the
beginning of this year when I started Debian-Med.  Your web page is a
clear sketch of the intentions of the project and is a good base to
start working.

Feel free to ask the people who are concerned about internal projects.
We hope that a common list for all those projects will be created soon
to coordinate all necessary stuff and do not bother debian-devel for this
stuff.

Kind regards and good luck

        Andreas.