Debian Accessibility Project was: Re: linux for blinds

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Mario Lang wrote:
>
>> > This does neighter prevent you from issuing RFP/ITP bug reports (see
>> > above) nor asking for a sponsor to upload your packages.  I'm really
>> > sure that there will be a sponsor for your packages.
>>
>> I'm offering to sponsor all kinds of accessilibity related packages.
> Great!
> Perhaps you could also start a debian-blind (or some better named)
> subproject as described in the internal projects HOWTO?

I now took the time and summarized the current state of things
regarding accessibility and Debian, and also tried to
give a bit of overview which areas could use help from people.
I'm not sure if this is the way to go with such an "internal project"
and I have to admit I didn't find your HOWTO anywhere, so I just
tried to do my best despite my aversion toward
writing documents like that :-).

<URL:http://people.debian.org/~mlang/DebianAccessibilityProject.html>

I'd like to get feedback about this.  I'll update the page
as regular as possible, and depending on how much feedback/activity
we really get in this direction, I'd someday eventually want to create a
debian-accessibility Mailing list.

--
CYa,