Re: Should we customize apps for a common "debian-look"?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:43:32PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Redhat seems to be going to use a common look for their desktops (GNOME
> as well as KDE) in their new beta featuring a new icon set.
> Check out the screenshots at
>   http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=616&mode=&order=0
> I like them and i think they are impressive...
> It's one of the things Apple proved: desktop and apps that look smooth
> do make their users feel comfortable with them ;)

While I think that it's generally a good idea to integrate these both
desktops in as many ways as possible, I think that this is something
that should be tackled upstream. We should stick with the default look
of those desktop environments.

 - Sebastian