Re: can a non developper become a debian maintainer ?

> well. I can also compile, install, and manage non packaged software,
> and occasionnaly find and correct some small or obvious bugs. But I
> couldn't really develop anything big, or tackle real big bugs (but
> then these are more upstream's task than debian's).

Well, actually i'm not too great a developer either (except for maybe
Perl stuff, i'm doing quite weird stuff there ;) - but if you know
enough to fix small bugs and install non-packaged stuff, this is easily
enough to package software and become a maintainer.
Even co-maintaining "big" stuff like galeon (well, actually only big
dependencies) isn't too hard, even when doing smaller fixes and addons.
So probably just try doing the usual NM process, i guess it will be fine ;)
And for bigger bugs you always should ask upstream anyway, they probably
know already a fix or are able to find a nicer one. You're not alone ;)

Greetings,
Erich