Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2

On Friday 23 August 2002 01:12 pm, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Sean!
>
> You wrote:
> > Asking maintainers to give up their packages so you can bundle them
> > just seems wrong.  Why not just make your bundles be meta packages?
>
> Because people keep complaining about ITP's of packages they consider
> crap and that are bloating the Packages files, according to those
> people.

And as I told Josselin when he started this -- so what.  Let the old school
group complain all they want.  I have always enjoyed that Debian's developers
are also its users and largely we are user driven.  If I want to package
something I will, even if it is small and simple.

We have a beautiful packaging system which supports tasks and meta packages
and we should use it.