Re: Linux Fonts

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 10:40, Erich Schubert wrote:

> If you want your font to be "freely sellable", you probably should use a
> BSD Style licence, as the GPL enforces that it can be distributed free
> of charge. Of course people still can sell the Media they distribute a
> GPL'ed software, and sell the work they did in collecting the GPL'ed
> stuff.
uh, you might want reread the GNU GPL.  It states in the preamble:

  When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
  price.  Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
  have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
  this service if you wish)...

-m