Re: Wishlist for woody+1

(Slightly off-topic and not-well-thought-out idea)

Tomohiro KUBOTA@lists.debian-devel@Thu, 04 Jul 2002 14:15:43 +0900:
>  Now I doubt Debian can do this very quickly...  Think about
>  how many days (or years) we needed for /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc/
>  migration.

:-/ I think this a problem you get with volunteer distro's like Debian.
Isn't it possible to post to post changes like this -devel-announce and
'force' all developers to update their packages in a month? Or a week?
(Would be great for the buildd's.. ;-)

A simple change like /usr/doc/ -> /usr/share/doc/ shouldn't take a year
or more IMHO. Not at all.. Don't know about these charsets to be honest,
I hate this charset mess so much that I don't even try to understand
them..

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  |       Today's random quote:       |