Re: Version control systems for debian devlopment

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 09:47:19AM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

> > > subversion, very promissing as well and easy for people who
> > > are used to cvs.
> > >
> > > http://subversion.tigris.org/
>
> has someone already used both (arch and subversion) extensively? i am
> more on the arch part but subversion looks nice and i really don't know
> what direction to take for my projects (actually i am using arch for
> what it matters...)
I first encountered arch, tried to use it, but got stuck. I probably
should have read more documentation to understand the concept. Anyway
I didn't try a second time.

Getting accustomed to subversion was much easier with a bit of cvs
background. There isn't much on the client side you need to know
in order to work with it.
I also set up a subversion server and put one little project on it.
Some work but not too difficult.

Concluding, I prefer subversion though I can't argue from a technical
point of view against arch.

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Hagen