Re: ADA, GNAT, and GDB

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> So I tried debugging my gnat 3.1 compiled application using Gdb in
> Debian, anyway, and it seems incapable of doing even very primitive
> stuff (maybe this is as a result of gcc 3.1 ABI changes?):
>
> (gdb) b main
> internal error - unimplemented function unk_lang_create_fundamental_type
> called.

There are patches floating around on the GDB list, ranging from a
temporary workaround (which enables Ada-unaware debugging) to
something not too far away from ACT's patched GDB 4.1x.

You might want to try compiling with '-gstabs', this might restore
basic debugging, too.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/