Re: lightning quick woody+1 release scenarios (was Re: Wishlist for woody+1)

Hi folks!

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 08:14:27PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Has gcc-3.1 got enough testing ?
>
> The following is the extra bits of pbuilderrc for pbuilder fanatics:
[..]
> Does anyone care to rebuild the whole archive and try to
> find out what kind of errors are there ?

In the craze to optimize galeon (and all (Build-)Depends) I started to
recompile a slice of the archive for pentium2.

The most common error I stumbled over was the inability to use

MAKE="make -j5 -l4.5"

Until now mozilla, glide, kdelibs, ncurses, qt, orbit, slang, tiff and
xfree86 failed with parallel make. At the moment I am verifying that by
building it without -j.

I will report back, if I know more.

Regards, David

--
Signaturen sind wie Frauen. Man findet selten eine Vernuenftige
	-- gesehen in at.linux