Re: where do NEW packages go?

>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 Branden> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:57:52PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> This is insulting. This is uncalled for. I am taking strong
 >> offense at the implication that my close association with policy
 >> shall be used as a tool to mould policy to my wishes. Your
 >> demagoguery has descended to to a deeper nadir with this baseless
 >> calumny.

 Branden> Then prove me wrong.  Would you or would you not exercise
 Branden> veto power over a proposal to deprecate or eliminate
 Branden> /usr/X11R6 in woody + 1?  If not, I'll be more than happy to
 Branden> retract my paranoid suspicions on this subject.

	I'll do so, sir, when you provce to me you shall stop beating
 your wife.

	And since you seem to have developed proficiency in the art of
 mantology (since how else can you protest the wild grab for power
 based on no previous symptoms?).  And the implication that being a
 policy editor in any way confers special veto powers is sophistry
 that smacks of deliberate disinformation.

 Branden> It certainly possible that I have mistaken your repeated
 Branden> grandstanding on IRC over this issue for a sincere
 Branden> objection.

	Are you now a proponent of self censorship for any one who may
 ever hold any position of responsibility in Debian? Do we now have no
 right to hold strong views, and air these views unrelated public
 forums? Are we who hold offices in Debian to become sheep now?

	Since when do strong opinions on IRC translate to power in
 Debian?

 Branden> but it's common knowledge that your skin is far, far thicker
 Branden> than you imply with your feigned umbrage.

	And, pray tell, how was this common knowledge gained? Have you
 added divination to your skillz in mantology? When your words cut me,
 do I not bleed?

	manoj
--
 He who always plows a straight furrow is in a rut.