Re: ext3 root partition with kernel-image packages

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:54:10PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> If you first made (mkfs) the file system and mounted it as ext2, then it's
> default type will be ext2.  Then if you have ext2 and ext3 modules loaded
> then it will be mounted as ext2.

I see. But AFAICT ext2 is compiled into the kernel and not as module, so
I guess it will always be mounted as ext2, or did I get that wrong?

Is it possible to convert ext2 completely to ext3?

Thanks for your script, but unfortunately it does not change anything,
except of the size of the initrd image.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes