Re: libusb and testing?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:16:32AM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Ben Burton <benb@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hi.. out of curiosity, does anyone know what's keeping the new libusb out of
> > testing?  I can't find anything useful in update_excuses.html and I can't
> > make sense of the lines in update_output.txt.
>
> The (obvious) problems were :
> - sane-backends/sane-frontends RC bugs
> - gphoto2 not building on arm
> - kdegraphics not building on arm
>
> The hidden problems were :
> - pencam depending on libusb0 on m68k and sparc (bad build-deps)
> - libgpio depending on libusb0 on sparc (bad build-deps)

I don't know if the new packages of pencam and libgpio have been uploaded
but I would guess that it is not the case.
And I would guess that the libusb story is not yet over.

It is currently not possible to compile a working gphoto2 in unstable
without previously recompiling libusb.
Otherwise it segfault early because usb_busses (from libusb.so) is not
understood by gphoto2.
I believe it is a mismatch between libusb and gphoto2 libc or the gcc
used.
As I understand it ALL libusb-depend packages are concerned.

If I am correct we need a recompiled libusb and to recompile all related
packages.

Sorry for the bad news,
Christophe