policy on start-stop-daemon

When policy is opened up for changes again (after the release of woody) I
plan to propose the following change:

Either start-stop-daemon should not be called from cron, or if it is called
from cron then it should be called with a special parameter to indicate that
it is being run from cron.

Then systems such as SE Linux which need to change the functionality of
start-stop-daemon to give special privs to daemons can determine if a program
is being started from a cron job and act accordingly.

My current SE Linux code requires that the administrator password be entered
to start a daemon from any program other than init (which results in cron
jobs using start-stop-daemon such as those from man-db aborting because there
is no terminal device).