Re: Proposal: Why not use testing-proposed-updates?

> simple snapshots. However, this has several flaws:

  This whole thing sounds like an excellent idea. It may be too much of a
hassle to implement before woody is released but I think it certainly is
worth looking into after that.

  There was some discussion this week on the list, where someone suggested
that perhaps we should freeze unstable, too, until testing is RC free.
This scheme would effectively have the same result as freezing unstable
but unstable would still continue living as before.

  Depending on how much hassle this would be, this might even be worth
considering to speed up the cleansing of RC bugs from woody. What exactly
are the flaws of this scheme?

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|